Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm free!

..." we cannot mess up with other’s free will..."


Just recently, I received an SMS from one of my friends..let’s just call her Ms. Anonymous. She was asking me regarding the time that I will be out of my office. Later, I found out that she was in need of someone to talk to. Immediately, I rose from my computer chair, picked up my fone and my wallet, and left my office (I was not able to turn off my computer since I was in a hurry). I walked as fast as I can to the nearest waiting shed to get a jeepney. Luckily, I was able to ride in no time.

On my way, I sent messages to her to confirm that I was almost there. Just as I stepped out of the vehicle, my eyes have already spotted the place where she was seating. From where I was standing, I was able to notice that she was shedding tears. Silently, I walked down to her, and sat by her side. I asked her what happened. Then she shared her story, her not so good experiences in her relationship with her boyfriend. At that moment, she was quite sure of her decision to give up on him, to set herself free from pain, for her to rise again. I agreed with her, I thought she had enough. I did not give any advice to her during that time. All I did was to listen to her, and affirmed her of the decisions that she chose. At that instance, I was really proud of her. I saw her courage, her faith that she can stand on her own, even without her boyfriend.

Ironically, after two days, I accidentally saw her with her boyfriend. I waved at them to acknowledge them. I gave her a smile. It seemed that she’s really stubborn when it comes to things like that. But I understand her, as she struggles for her stability. Well, tables have been turned, but I accepted that fact. There are really things I cannot insist with my friends. It was part of the free will that God has bestowed upon her. At the end, she will always have that choice to do what she wanted to do.

We must accept the truth that we cannot mess up with other’s free will. We need to respect them, just as God respected us. He accepted it, and chose not to control us. As much as God really wanted us to draw near Him, He still won’t force us to do so. He gave us the freedom to think and act on our own. He will not impose us to do His will. He loves us that much!

No comments: