Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soul Exercise

The road was not busy on the day that I was walking on my way home. It was not just my ordinary walking, it was quite special. I was there on my way, walking with my guardian angel. I took a glance on my phone to check on the time and I noted it on my mind.

"I'm ready.", I told him boldly.

He smiled at me as I started to do my pre-meditation ritual, affirming his support.
Not too soon, I started to take breath slowly as I moved forward. Each pace that my feet set was not the pace that I often do. It was slower than normal. As I did so, it seemed to me that everything was moving in accordance to my pace. The wind was blowing swiftly, clouds were drifting like creeping worms, and leaves rustled making chirping sounds as if they were birds. I did more paces as I advanced.

I paid attention on my surrounding so as to set my soul into meditation. My eyes started to see visions of my current and my past life. The images were so alive as if I was watching an IMAX or 3D movie. Surprisingly, I have seen myself in the visions, yes, I was one of the casts of my own life story.

I continued to walk forward, still paying attention to the minute details of my surrounding, from the grasses dancing with the wind, to trees creaking, to other people walking. Perhaps those people may be wondering why I was walking slowly that time, but that did thought did not distract me on my pre-meditation exercise.

I closed my eyes for a while, still pacing a few steps forward. I stopped, and then gazed upon the open skies. There I saw the stars oddly spaced from one another yet forming a very unique and fascinating outlines. I saw again visions of my life, how certain situations were oddly occurring, affecting one another, the choices that I have opted, decisions that I have made, and the paths that I have taken. I came to realize how these events in my life were intertwined with one another, how my relationships were affecting the other, how my life, itself, was conflicting with its own ideals, the simplicity of life in its complicated form.

I saw various crossroads in my life where I have to make selections. I thought of the moments where I had regrets on choosing the road not taken, the moments where I chose to hide myself from God for drifting on the wrong stream flows, and the times when I plunged into wrong mud. But more interestingly, I had that vision of God pulling me up from getting drowned, cleaning the mess that my wrong decisions have left behind, and finding me in the lost forest of solitude.

Twenty minutes have passed, though I almost forgot to notice it, I was almost reaching my place. I did not notice that I was still pushing forward as I was reflecting. Soon, I have made my way home. I took a deep breath again, inhaled the presence of the Lord through my surrounding, and then exhaled all the negative things that I have in my heart. I thanked God for that wonderful exercise, I thanked my guardian angel for protecting me while my mind and heart were in trance. I felt refreshed and light. Life again started to flow through my veins. The Lord has prepared me. I was ready to write.

-AMDG

No comments: