Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Enthusiasm

I was gazing upon the flowing river, listening to its surge. It was not violent at all, as I expected it to be. Maybe my fears were just overwhelming my thoughts for the past months, consuming every opportunity for experience. I heard the water rustled as it hit a piece of rock, which was formerly a part of one great dike that used to stand here. Now, it is in ruins.

I noticed the calmness of my surrounding, maybe my guardian angel was just around. He was somewhere near, shielding me from harm that could possibly inflict me since the day I tore down the dike.

I took out a small notebook from my pocket. As I leafed through the pages, a sudden gust of wind blew over my face, and gave me a familiar sensation. I knew it was the presence of my angel. The wind whirled as she appeared before me. I gave her a smile. I noticed her aura, a bit different from its color since her last visit. It was as if she was transferring from one vessel to another, but still having that unique identity, an aura a lot different from the aura beamed by my guardian angel.

“What’s that book?” she asked me in a very calm voice.

I turned to the book, and as I continue to leaf through it, I said, “This is my life. I wrote it down, so that I could keep track of my pace. I often lose a sense of direction. With this record, I could always look back, look now, and look beyond.”

“Would you mind to share it with me?” she said, staring at the little notebook in my hand.

Her curiosity gave me an enthusiasm, as if it was a warm water thawing an ice.“Of course, it's my pleasure to share this with you” I answered joyfully, though I know she already had an idea of the simple yet complicated story of my life, how God has woven every strand with one another to yield a masterpiece. I opened the book and started to read it to her. There, by the river, I unfolded the narrative of my life. She gazed at the book as I read it to her, happily, she listened.

No comments: