Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Good Fight

I have been traveling for several weeks after that event when I tore down the wall of the dike that I have built. This morning, I have just returned from my journey. I decided to visit the river that has been a big part of me. As I walked along the stony path that leads to the river bank, I felt nauseated by the smell of my surrounding. It gave me a nostalgic feeling of the life that I used to live here. I shut my eyes to let my other senses caress the memories brought about by that odd yet familiar place. It was soon that I realized that my pace slowed down, until I felt my feet getting soaked by the water splashing along the bank of the river.

I opened my eyes slowly. I felt a little sting in my eyes as the sun struck them with its mighty beam. But that did not distract me from what I have come for; I turned my head around to view the flowing river from the point where I was standing still to the horizon where the river vanishes. The rustling of the water as it hits a rock was the same rustling that I have heard a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised when I looked at my right, the ruins that used to lie down were not visible, and maybe they were completely rubbed away by the river. I was overjoyed with what my eyes saw. It made me realize that the struggle was over. Yes, it was over, with the conclusion that I was the winner. The worthy fight came to an end, and it ended gracefully.

As I was smiling, the wind blew from my back; I turned around and there I saw my angel appeared before me. She gave me that same smile that she used to give to me every time she brings good news.

Thy have won the good fight.” She said to me in a very soothing voice. “And for that, God’s grace shall be bestowed upon thee.

I bowed down and replied, “I am not worthy, but I will humbly accept the gift that He is giving to me.

She placed her hands unto my shoulder and said, “Go, God is expecting thee.

At that instance, she vanished even before I could say thanks to her. I felt rejuvenated with the joy that was overflowing me. Yes, I have won the good fight.

No comments: