Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Humor Epidemia 1.0

Based on my own experience, I can see how people around me were struggling to be famous, to be Mr. and Ms. Popular. Well, this is common during my high school days, where there was this elite group in our batch composed of rich, some kinda rich and "in" type of students. The untouchables..... And of course, there was this group who lives in the other side of the world, consisting of the nerds, the losers and the weaklings.

In some way, I had my own struggle to become like the ones in the elite group.. but I lost the fight, so there I was, I belong to the other side of the world, sadly. I did not apply for it, but the elite ones are the one driving me and my likes to be in that group. If they do not think that you can belong to their group, then automatically, you are enrolled to the losers. Honestly, I do not like this caste system in our batch. But that's how reality bites me.

I was able to survive however, found some good fellows, and had fun too, just like those in the elite group. But still, we cannot change the reality that our group is way below. The elites always pick on us whenever it is possible. For almost three years, the same scenario was painted.

Within our group (which is technically not a group...), I managed to have my own group, somewhat like a "barkada". We're three in the group, the other two were nerds, I was not...(alright, I am a bit nerd, but only when I am inspired). Aside from that, we had another common thing, we are all capable of tickling bones through our senseless jokes. I consider that as a gift from God, making people in my caste laugh, making other people laugh (these include those in the elite group). Through our talents, we were able to somewhat penetrate their group. We were able to hang out with them during breaks, but still detaching from their vices. We hate vices.

In my remaining years in high school, we were able to somehow break the barrier that separates the two sides of the world. The Mr. and Ms. Popular are now sitting side by side with Mr. and Ms. Nerdy. Playing board games. Solving name hunt puzzles (my version, hahah!). Humiliating their selves at times, at least picking on others is reduced, I think. Almost everyone is infected by our disease, senseless corny joker disease. But it was fun. At least popularity became a lesser issue. As for the popular people, I think we had triggered the humor-filled spirit in them. Some were able to tolerate our jokes, others were not... but since they were not able to make us stop, I guess they just decided to join us. :D Laughtrip!

I never dreamed of wanting to be in the elite group. Never did I asked God to change me to become "in" to their group. I never asked for fame, for any mysterious talent to make me popular. But God has his own way of using us, through His grace. All thanks to God for bestowing upon us that gift of humor.. we are not worthy. God be praised! ;)

1 comment:

Little Anne said...

waaaaaah. i can relate to this.. *sob* yup. God has His own ways.. :)